uCANca is a toolkit for developing Mechatronic devices. It connects the Systems Engineering point of view with de Software Engineering one. uCANca helps to define a system and automatically generates source code and tools to help the full development cycle of the system.uCANca can be used to develop:
- Automotive mechatronic systems.
- Astrophysics mechatronic systems (telescope instruments, satellites...).
- Commercial electronic mechatronic systems.
- Educative robotic systems.
It can, obviously, develop simpler devices, like embedded systems, and also other automatisms, etc.
uCANca relies on system architecture concepts and is aimed to the development of Real Time software.
We strongly recommend to have a quick look to our toolkit, it is not enough to know what the tool can do for you, but it is worthy to see if it can captivate your attention before spending a lot of reading time .uCANca offer tools to help in these tasks:
- Test definition.
- Unit testing.
- Integration Testing.
- Test execution.
- Agile Modeling.
- Scilab/XCos (Simulink alternative).
- CodeDesigner RAD (Finite State Machine editor with automatic source code generation).
- On board diagnostics.
- ECU calibration.
- Automatically generate documentation.
- Synchronize with issue tracking systems.
Some of these features are already shipped in the current release, while others are planned for future versions. You can check the roadmap here.
The uCANca development project¶
uCANca is being developed (at this moment) by Txinto Vaz, but the project is totally open for collaboration.
- Asking for new features.
- Testing releases.
- Getting involved in the software development of the project.
- Getting involved in the toolkit definition.
- Helping through donations etc...
Project is published as open-source repository here:
And it is currently at version 0.1
We wish also to give thanks to people that made possible this project.
Have a nice day!
- *1 connects:This connection is based on file exchange or project sync most of times